LF: Re: Argo

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Argo
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:40:04 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Likewise having problems with my Compaq Presario 1246 and Argo 130 (up till now have used 'Gram50')
If I click on 'full band view' at startup and then try to change to horizontal the whole damn thing freezes and there is nothing for it but to 'pull the plugs out'.
Luckily it stars up in horizontal if left to its own devices so I can at least use it, but attemts to toggle from one view to 'tother puts it in the sulks.
Vital statistics :-400MHz AMD processor,  Win98se, JBL sound card.

Any one else noticed this?

Both Argo and Spectogram do exactly the same thing to  the old desktop - which has admittedly got PCI Audio card, is partitioned for Win 3.11 and Win98se and having started life as a 60MHz 486, got fitted later with a peculiar 133MHz  5??86 processor which also does funny things to QuikTrak when in map mode.

Ian  GI8AYZ/MI0AYZ

PS :- Worked M0BMU and G3YXM in succession between 0800z and 1000z  this a.m. with good reports both ways,  also  a phone call from KEV saying that I was 589 with him, but as of 1130 it has all gone quiet except for the usual crud. Will be around most of the day watching and listening around 71.75.