LF: 73k today

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 73k today
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:04:20 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all.

Nice quiet band for a change. I could hear MI0AYZ and may have been able to have a CW QSO but he stayed on QRSS at "O" copy. Unfortunately slap on top of a Loran line. I suggest a QSY of about 3Hz either-way Ian!
Aerial current is a max of 4A into the 80m end-fed wire but the LPF in the TX gets hot at that output, I must make a bigger one.
Nice loud signals from G3LDO, M0BMU and G3AQC.

I observed three fixed signals on the band:
71.69  short "pips" of carrier at uneven intervals of about 1 second, perhaps ESE from me.
72.00  weak carrier. approx N East/ S West  (this could be some telecomms harmonics, there seemed to be several)
73.60  S5 carrier. Poss SE

This is using the rotatable loop so the nulls could be 180 degrees out.

If only Rugby would stay off!

Cheers.
Dave G3YXM.