LF: Jason TX with G0MRF DDS VFO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Jason TX with G0MRF DDS VFO
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:02:19 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello

I am planning to add Jason TX capability to the G0MRF DDS VFO.

The new program will not fit in the PIC16F84. There is a slight chance
that it can be squeezed in if the DFCW option is removed. I will probably
write the new program for a PIC16F628 anyway. This chip is pin compatible
and has twice as much program memory.

The smallest DFCW shift in the current version is 0.25Hz which seems
quite wide by todays standards. Is there anybody that actually uses the
DFCW function in this VFO?

I would like to use pin 3 (RA4) and perhaps also pin 4 (RA5) on the PIC
for Jason. Pin 3 is currently connected to the unused FSEL pin on the DDS
chip and has a pull-up resistor to +5V. Pin 4 is currently connected directly
to +5V.

* It would be interesting to know if it is easy to disconnect these pins
by cutting the tracks? (I don't have any G0MRF board to look at myself).

Life will be easier for me if you can live without DFCW. The already existing
DFCW switch can be used for Jason on/off and the DFCW keying input can
be used as serial input.

Any comments?

73
Johan SM6LKM