LF: Re: Introducing Jason - and asking for cooperation

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Introducing Jason - and asking for cooperation
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:39:01 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave Pick wrote:

Thanks Alberto.

I tried the 850MHz P3 laptop and it works fine. Obviously the 200MHz machine
is not good enough, I will have to upgrade the shack computer :-(

Hello Dave,
  thanks. Glad that it worked ! I was fearing that my successful tests were only
a dream, caused by too much Chianti wine :-)
If you agree, I will produce a slowed down version to test on your 200 MHz PC,
also to check how the decoding worsens with respect to the faster version.
I suspect that many OMs still have PCs in the 166 - 200 MHz range, so a version
for this kind of PC could be appropriate.

For the Loran lines, in principle I could implement a logical filter, where you
click
on the spur line, and that frequency will then be ignored by the decoding
algorithm.
But this would not work if the spur frequency coincides with one of the
slots....
I don't see an easy solution, but am open to suggestions.

Well, if you want to make a test transmission this evening, I will check that
frequency.
But maybe a low power beacon would not make it to Italy... let me know please if
and when you will transmit, thanks.

----

Rik Strobbe wrote:

I just read the Jason documentation. It looks most interesting and
promising, although there is some chance that some will call it 'pocks' ...
as 7FSK was called 'measles' ;-)

Hi Rik,
  in this moment I am in my office at work, and don't have here an English
dictionary,
so don't exactly know what a 'pock' is... but, as Steve Olney said, there
always will
be some 'argue-naughty' around.. :-) But they are easily handled : just ignore
them ...  ;-)

For transmitting Jason I was thinking of an alternative path, using a PLL
and let Jason control the divider (via LPT of COM port).

Your proposals look interesting, and, if someone will build the hardware, I am
willing to add this new interfacing mode. Just let's agree on the details.

73  Alberto  I2PHD