Re: LF: Introducing Jason

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Introducing Jason
From: "mcalevey" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:21:00 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alberto

I have been enjoying trying Jason here between two PC's. A slow PC sounds
the tones over its speakers. A 500 MHz machine two rooms away picks up the
tones via microphone. Results have been quite good although QRSS would have
been O copy. A couple of observations: The errors tend to be consistent.
When an E is not decoded correctly a G is printed instead. Similarly a
missed A always becomes a Q. Is there AGC on the signal? It seems to take a
long time time to recover from strong signals.
Many thanks for another excellent easy to use programme Alberto. I am
looking forward to trying it on the air.

Mike ZL4OL