Re: LF: Introducing Jason

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Introducing Jason
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:51:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
James Moritz wrote:

A query -What range of sound card audio frequencies can be used by Jason?

Dear Jim,
  the sampling frequency used in Jason, both for input and output, is 11025 Hz.
I limited the choice of the center frequency in the Options menu from 50 to
5000 Hz.

Also, another "wouldn't it be nice if...." request to waste more of your
valuable weekend

Don't say this too loud.... my wife could be hearing....  ;-(

- perhaps Jason could have the option to transmit LSB as
well as USB

If I understand you well, this would mean that also when transmitting, the
'wraparound' on the 17 slots could go in one sense or the other, depending
on the option chosen. This would eliminate some confusion from the
receiving site, as you could always transmit either LSB or USB even without
this option, only the receivers should be set the opposite way, i.e. Jason set
to LSB when the Rx is set to USB and viceversa.
In the sake of 'user-friendliness' your proposal is hereby accepted, Sir  :-)

73  Alberto  I2PHD