Re: LF: Jason Tests / PSK31

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason Tests / PSK31
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 18:36:45 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

James Moritz wrote:

Dear LF Group,

I successfully tested Jason 0.92 with 1.2kW TX out last night (If anyone
was listening, at around 0400 - don't ask!). So I will give it a go tonight
if anyone is interested. I will try and catch IK2DED on 137.52 - otherwise
I'll try 137.510kHz. The frequency seems to be accurate within 1Hz or so,
although it is a bit hard to tell. The waterfall display looks a lot
clearer in the latest version, and the USB/LSB options checked out fb as well.

If any of the North American guys would like to try for trans-atlantic
Jason reception, I could run a beacon signal for a few hours around
midnight - frequency perhaps 135.910 (4Hz BW). Let me know if this is of
any interest, and whether this frequency is any good at your end.

BTW, I think I asked before, but don't recall any responses - can anyone
recommend PSK31 software that has the TX phase keying signal available as a
logic level output? Since my TX will generate BPSK with appropriate
envelope shaping I would like to try this mode; but a sound card output
would be a bit messy - demodulate the audio signal, recover the phase data,
feed into LF TX modulator... a bit of wire would be so much easier!

Dont swamp the QRS operators with 4hz B/W signal around 135.923 plus/minus, this
has happened
before with the 7 level fsk, and is not appreciated. To night there is also
psk31
around this freq area.
If its going to be a free for all in this area I and others may as well try ,
Ptor,Packet and SSB.
Either stick to some sort of frequency plan or be prepared for the worst, and
dont
forget Jim your signal at night time when you QRO or wind your antenna up, you
are
nearly as strong here as
MM0ALM, except he does not work in this area and swamp others.
Pick another frequency up the band preferably above 137 khz and there should not
be a problem
using Jason. I cannot see any advantage using Jason with a 4 hz BW over QRS
using
a fraction of this. For the appliance operator it is more convenient, you do not
have to struggle reading the dots and dashes off the screen.
G3KEV

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU