Re: LF: Jason Tests / PSK31

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason Tests / PSK31
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:44:40
Sender: <[email protected]>
I cannot see any advantage using Jason with a 4 hz BW over QRS using
a fraction of this.

The only difference is that Jason goes 5 times faster than QRSS (at same SNR).
Or if you want ho transmit a certain text within a certain timeframe, Jason
will produce a 7dB better SNR compared to QRSS.
To achieve 7dB improvement by just increasing power I would have to go from
the current 400W I'm running to 2kW, so Jason has clearly a big advantage
for me (and maybe I'm not the only one).

I really appreciate the work done by the software developers (such als
Alberto and Wolf) and those who often do the first tests and investigate
propagation (many at both sides of the pond ...). They pave the path that
other (such as xxx) can easily walk on afterward.

73, Rik