LF: Re: T/A, Jason & Cuba

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: T/A, Jason & Cuba
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:06:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Arnie,

Nice to hear from you again

Reading with great interest all the JASON software test results.
Where I can find the latest versionfor downloading ?

The latest Jason release from Alberto I2PHD, is to be found on
http://www.weaksignals.com.com/jason

Or someone on this list could please send it to me as an e-mail attachment
?

If you have any problems I can do this.

I have now a transmitter with two 813 vacuum tubes, ready to be converted
to LF,
and we are talking with Federacion de Radioaficonados de Cuba officials
about possible request of special experimental licenses for 136 Khz band
operation.
Trans Atlantic to the Caribbean on 136 kHz is perfectly possible as we
regularly pick
up Long Wave AM broadcasts from all over Europe and the Middle East at
certain times of the year.

Probably the best plan, in the first place, is to look for QRSS or DFCW from
Europe to see if propagation exists. It is technically much easier to do and
you can monitor a range of frequencies at once.
I feel that it should do as several EU stations have been seen by W4DEX in
North Carolina.
I take it that you have a copy of  Argo, also from Alberto, on the website
mentioned above.

I have been receiving your DXers Unlimited broadcasts from Radio Havana but
only the 13750kHz SSB seems to get through. Heavy QRM on 13750
Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>