Re: LF: Jason Tests / PSK31

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason Tests / PSK31
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:50:24 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
James Moritz schrieb:
Dear LF Group,

I successfully tested Jason 0.92 with 1.2kW TX out last night (If anyone was listening, at around 0400 - don't ask!). So I will give it a go tonight if anyone is interested. I will try and catch IK2DED on 137.52 - otherwise I'll try 137.510kHz. The frequency seems to be accurate within 1Hz or so, although it is a bit hard to tell. The waterfall display looks a lot clearer in the latest version, and the USB/LSB options checked out fb as well.

If any of the North American guys would like to try for trans-atlantic Jason reception, I could run a beacon signal for a few hours around midnight - frequency perhaps 135.910 (4Hz BW). Let me know if this is of any interest, and whether this frequency is any good at your end.

BTW, I think I asked before, but don't recall any responses - can anyone recommend PSK31 software that has the TX phase keying signal available as a logic level output? Since my TX will generate BPSK with appropriate envelope shaping I would like to try this mode; but a sound card output would be a bit messy - demodulate the audio signal, recover the phase data, feed into LF TX modulator... a bit of wire would be so much easier!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

Hi Jim,
cnfm ur transmission on 137.51kHz. see attached pic.
regards
Uwe/dj8wx

JPEG image