Re: LF: PSK31 generation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PSK31 generation
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:12:08 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 14:12 29/01/2002 +0100, Johan wrote:
...Perhaps I am missing something, but as far as I can see,
the waveform *will* be symmetrical if the drive to each totem pole has a 50/50 duty cycle and the modulation is done only by varying the phase between the totem pole
drivers 0 - 180 degrees.

Dear Johan, LF Group,

Yes, It will - I hadn't thought of it quite like that before...If you have 4 output devices in a bridge configuration, there are many different ways of driving them! Of course, any waveform that is symmetrical will have no even order harmonics.

It would take a little care to implement though; if the drive to only one of the totem poles was varied in phase, changing the output amplitude would also change the output phase, introducing up to 90 degrees unwanted additional phase modulation into the signal. This could be avoided by shifting the phase of both drive signals by equal and opposite amounts.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU