Re: LF: Big signal

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Big signal
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:20:20 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

James Moritz wrote:

Dear Mal, LF group,

At 11:24 21/01/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>The DECCA JEEP alias 5501 tx, is a brother of the MARCONI JEEP alias T1154.
>Surprised you did not know this. Some say JEEP should read JUNK

Of course, any self-respecting, competent CW operator (well, allright, CW
and QRSS operator these days) would never consider anything less than a
MERCEDES JEEP...

Spot on Jim.
Ref your recent power measurements on the MM0ALM signal and observations.
I have measured you power and observed two readings. One set of figures during
daytime and weekend normal CW acty and another at night when you are on beacon
for TA tests on QRS and Measles mode.
You obviously keep the power down during normal CW but at night you are very
strong. I will not
declare here what the figures are but what measurements would you expect me to
get at this distance
I will tell you if you are correct. One thing I can say you are not far behind
MM0ALM at night time.
This power measuring game could throw up some surprises !!!!! especially with so
many JEEPS about !!
G3KEV

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU