LF: Stupid remark

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Stupid remark
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:01:16 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 11:24 21/01/02 Monday +0000, G3KEV wrote:

The DECCA JEEP alias 5501 tx, is a brother of the MARCONI JEEP alias T1154.
Surprised you did not know this. Some say JEEP should read JUNK

Absolute rubbish,  as usual, and insulting with it.

The T1154 was called by some a "GP" transmitter. "GP" means "General Purpose" and that's just what it was.
Not particularly good but considering it was rushed out in a few months very creditable to the people who
worked day and night to get it out.

The 5501 was a special-purpose limited-user unit designed specifically to do one job and one job only, which it does superbly.
It was never marketed and is far from a "GP" unit. You obviously know nothing whatever about Decca equipment or how it was used.

They were designed and built for totally different purposes by two quite separate companies about 45 years apart so how you can call them "brothers" I really do not know. Another example of the utter lack of logic we expect from you.

And while I'm at it, you claim all your equipment is designed and built by you. What's happened to all those state-of-the-art
Japanese transceivers you were bragging about not so long ago?  Thrown in the skip?

Walter G3JKV.