Re: LF: Re. Hello Again

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. Hello Again
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:48:02 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Laurie Mayhead wrote:

KEV says:- >Ever since some Amateurs started using DECCA JEEP(5501) transmittersat 1.2-1.5kW rf output the 1W erp limit seemed not to apply. I belive everyone south of Watford uses one< When I had my T/A QSO two way, not cross band, I was using a 350Watt Audio amp.My measured erp was 300-340mW.I now use  1kW which makes my erp 857-971mW !I must say I am getting very tired of the constant non-constructive criticism not tosay down right rudeness coming from North of Watford.

Is it the competition north of Watford that you do not like ? or the humour or what ?
I tolerate my southern neighbours observations even when they are uncomplimentary.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether you agree with them or not.
The audio amplifier qso to which you refer, was that a landline qso ? there has been so much confusion over past TA qso's where rules have been made up as one goes along, and putting bits and pieces of callsigns together over days and weeks that anyone privately that I speak to connected with LF does not know what to believe.
Recent TA QSO'S that have been taking place by a number of UK/EU operators xband are more valid and verifiable and have been completed in minutes or just over an hour at the most at the lower qrs speeds.
If anyone disputes the above observations then let us have your opinion.
There is nothing rude about trying to get the facts straight.
G3KEV