Re: LF: RE: 136kHz WSPR experiment

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 136kHz WSPR experiment
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 19:49:48 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=OnkGWPZMeCY40HQPdHtVhArMTLGygCav1mer/2p8KGE=; b=T+Ij6Xy/6yrLyrw4xUEZe+sF9iCn6rIGx+qTB728CMlC76dfFpftSbQVtEDn4gc2mp 2IQZtWdGkwO2SW3jEcShkynTHVnp9ZYhZdlwyTUlsngwHQbe38nai8dO3jUlUv8Y8k6B nAIW1ESxxYz5WLrtb8Ylfwcm2UPzLw4ZtrFp/NhcqqWJO6UYKB0P8WITG8NuY4AqbRuS 1xZlJ/NpQGBDiLiUChh15Sy5EFcpzqS+4G8DCVYzQCFJ8sTQdL7siCFLzJOOGzgUzEwi p+urH0nhX9sIxuz2WrkG+3vObrtGTOcbJldXIJmn0hi/1aX/OscUXzLwoaOEg5D+B0dX rgNw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Marcin,

I agree the electrode contact should be good (into the ground) but you need the ground between the electrodes to have a low conductivity. Otherwise the "loop in the ground" is very small. The idea works best when the effective loop area is large in my view.

Mind you, I am not an expert! This is my experience and what I say could well be wrong. I have only ever used earth-electrode "antennas" with very short baselines. At the old QTH it was about 20m and at this QTH maybe 10m. In my case, certainly at 136kHz it acts like an H-field antenna. With a long baseline maybe it acts as an E-field antenna? As you can see, I talk a lot of rubbish. I'm good at that, HI. The way to find out is try it and see.

Best of luck!

73s
Roger G3XBM