re: Re: LF: Re: 136kHz WSPR experiment

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: re: Re: LF: Re: 136kHz WSPR experiment
From: "Michael Sapp" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 21:54:22 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Roger, Alan & Jack: Thank you for the information. It could be my Internet provider or some other unknown variable sending my e-mails occasionally to the same parallel universe location where my missing laundry socks must be hiding ~:)
(Very) good to know there was no underlying netiquette issue.

BTW I have been running the FT-817 for the past 2 days on 2200m with only a 300 kHz LPF in front of the 2N3904 broadhand preamplifier and some input attenuation in the radio. The results have been very encouraging. Tonight it seems quiet enough on 2200m band that I am able to turn off the attenuator in the FT-817 and use an external 3dB stick attenuator without excessive S meter readings. About an hour ago I replaced the 3dB pad with a 137 kHz band pass filter with insertion loss in the 2~3 dB range and I see my background waterfall color slightly deeper blue color as a result. This direct LF rx with the FT-817 is all very encouraging so I have to thank G3XBM for igniting a spark of interest with his 2200m voltage probe antenna to FT-817 postings...

Cheers & 73, Mike wa3tts

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>