Re: LF: Insulating a Versatower from ground

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Insulating a Versatower from ground
From: "Dr. Wolf Ostwald" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 19:34:54 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
From the electrical point of view, u dont need the large conducting
surface of the steel tower at that impedance. I would rather run a vertical wire some ten feet away parallel to the tower up to Your toop-hat loop. of course suspended at the top by a beefy insulator of sufficient length. Create Your own ground screen with the feed say ten feet away from the tower base. In short, You are feeding at a high impedance point, therefor the thick tower is of no extra benefit as an RF- conductor.

73 de wolf    df2py