LF: Insulating a Versatower from ground

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Insulating a Versatower from ground
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 17:37:24 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:message-id:to:subject:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=IpneO66hTMk7QGzLvPep0m+Jfp0SUYDF7KJXRN/5l6E=; b=THVpJ6m2j2ZjBmuTD/Nd4o9yd3x879X/R+eLIbicLw8dAxHwjnPwoife6RETrtZZVu 0hCnZi5iKiZXkl+nDeI55P4C2qAnj4toYsQIQ2SvsdMg4q7TOxxiFHt0s5B3XZ6uATws LVEiERnYBeSKmTpENTYuWxp7IHUrd5t/1uMX8l6F+ILlb+L1suEQ3iqdmyskbV7Df3/z VIXQT1/jJTNca/lDdtRlLXSH2fxnvjmoH/5IZQ056UIb45z8MABTmc2Q4puxV3VueNIs N9KukYlsSeE2PPyRrRq/0VeY00rqNqdPp0s3I2OmQsYxI1FvHpcKEPpL21UCBa1d3sb/ aFxQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF'ers

Has anyone tried making insulating bushes for the tilt over hinge and
the bottom locking peg on a crank up / crank over 40 or 60 foot
Versatower? How much of a detrimental effect would the steel 6 foot
above ground, concreted in support post a couple or three inches away
from it have? Specifically I am toying with doing this to use it on LF
136kHz  with  my  horizontal  quad loop as the capacitive "top hat" to
gain  as  much  vertical height for the radiating element as possible,
right now the mast has a long insulated line to the corner of my horizontal quad
loop  with  the  vertical  some  way  from the mast, although today to
minimise  sag  from  having  the vertical some distance away I moved it
nearer  the  mast.  By  so doing I have gained maybe another 8 feet of
height. Thanks.

Thanks

  --

  Best regards, Chris 2E0ILY