R: LF: Transformer questions.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: LF: Transformer questions.
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 20:03:49 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Chris,

probably the other LFers are around to have a fresh bier :-) today
here +40°C...
I don't know (or remember..) which kind of antenna are
you using: how much the impedance changes with the other conditions
have you huge change of impedance? have you a variometer in place?
In my case from rainy to dry weather I have more detuning than change
of impedance and the variometer is enough for these adjuments. I have
also a separation/matching transformer in line but it was adjusted
after resonating the antenna (it matches the few tens of ohms to 50
ohms value).
If you need really to match the impedance you could install a
transformer with more taps, but remember to not switch during
transmission!! my matching separating transformer is made on 2 stacked
FT240-43 cores with 20 turns on the 50 ohm side.

Marco, IK1HSS