Re: LF: Insulating a Versatower from ground

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Insulating a Versatower from ground
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 15:38:53 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ntlworld.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1498401537; bh=JLt8Xw4nDYS5eCi4oUqhC2NnzA71rpth/ZTSjdaFO/8=; h=From:To:Date:Subject:Reply-to:In-reply-to:References; b=Z8dL25VzQmAiKa2BcsnlEyQ7+2FLGxXBnFb7TLUTvbmT7e6eJkoT3OZu1LWlPb4g7 OPEs3dmBM8vHepWJtOTC94RO8mE+5TWB3Qa6vLnK7lyE9lkgWxLnOCvoZyJjhiKr3q ne/A0p5noBHr51truashwQw2wM5BFMueZX44RWEFtDFD2j7pjLr+xE/U45lTmzl+c8 hu7s8x4lRYsa+p62DGwsU+LQC5JgxdDpiwHDzehR/8sI5yn9A/efZhyQf9t6e5n+wC WzLw2o7Jx9QnDz1A8XirIrNoL9XPDUvDXRec4TGtZfhYzyTY4DrZJIs044TCkhASjy nKS3SOMQ48ncA==
Sender: [email protected]
Nice idea, Chris, but any insulation would have to withstand the
thousands of volts on your antenna in all conditions (wet and dry).
Might work for the lower volages on higher bands but I doubt it would
be OK at LF. The other factor worth bearing in mind is the max
permitted ERP which you must be close to already judging from the
reports you are getting.

Mike, G3XDV