Re: VLF: EbNaut transmissions on lower frequencies?, pre-tests: 6.47kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: EbNaut transmissions on lower frequencies?, pre-tests: 6.47kHz
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 10:13:33 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Markus, Paul, VLF,

Oh, what a surprise! You've got the message with such a high SNR? It is amazing. Congrats to your first decode on 6.47 kHz!
What happened to your QRM? I the Bahn striking again?

Strange, i saw that the message was finished earlier than expected. Actually it should be 20 characters. The message should be 'STEFAN&[email protected]!' but the '&' and '!' was ignored.
The EbNaut-TX program confirmed 20 characters after writing them in the text field though.

The message was placed into a night-day-night period and QRN was moderate. Paul said that night propagation is better than day propagation and maybe the QRN of the night is rather in the 'foreground' so it can be blanked more effective.
BTW the antenna current was even 250 mA and quite constant!
Yesterday i considered to solder on the PA and add new components while it was transmitting ;-) But then i convinced myselfe to continue on other projects ;-) But today is the day..

Now i hope for Paul to get some good results.

73 and thanks for trying to receive/decode.
Stefan