Re: : 3 phase (was LF: G3KEV)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: : 3 phase (was LF: G3KEV)
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 11:31:44 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=kzjJK/VbAmur1VWNNZ7VuOj34yIEPi5nfrqDxiZmSEY=; b=PN9LmagmGP2PnvaObq3dlkDxHjOXjeKdIjRMqS4XxmhFW4V6braIgDwsAo1yTuaimQ LK32U/H4PGify/E+dgja8a0c5X7v+zqDO+HNtDdKt8rF5WZLBzKmwuVlJNrmhwF9maCM PyK3KFf3i2ATlcnBv3hdSD7rAl0Pyld+MA3+5xRmnQathujtTU+hAc5KABSCa2EkmttW qH6GSIIWyWO6JYp1uUl3h9WKQkLFF6B/wg3hLIFIno7n8FVdyb2esRFVOJLB4w7gIXTX /inoyArLFlc19NBSxmtVRAY7tvshbeEyQTswlsN7kY5yfw9LjgpEitVptONzh88HYiKq vBAQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Welcome, Wolf,

I agree about the superiority of three-phase AC. Our Power lecturers went into
some detail as to why this was so.

My comments originally related to the use of three-phase supplies in domestic
installations. Regarding the UK situation, my source of information was a
colleague who had previously worked for the Central Electricity Generating
Board.

The French information came by word-of-mouth from somebody who worked for the
electricity maintenance organisation (ERDF).

I do not know who was responsible for the decisions to phase out domestic
three-phase but I am reminded of an episode in Fred Hoyle’s novel “The Black
Cloud” in which the Astronomer Royal tells the Prime Minister “It’s not my
fault the transmitter isn’t working. You shouldn’t have let the Home Secretary
[aka Interior Minister] do the wiring”.

John F5VLF

> On 29 Nov 2015, at 11:19, Dr. Wolf Ostwald <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> gm reflectees !
> 3 phase AC is far superior to single phase. Motors, transformers and power
> distribution are more effective and lightweighted using 3 phase .
> It does not make sense to me that "authorities" e.g. France and England try
> to get rid of it. Or was that just an assumption?
> If true, these authorities ought to refresh their physics lessons as well as
> environmental concerns. Or even better, let people do the job that are in the
> know !
>
> my two pence worth
>
> wolf  df2py

[email protected]

Researching history of RABSON, BLACKSHAW, GAUNTLETT, VERLANDER and ROBSONNE