Re: 3 phase (was LF: G3KEV)

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: 3 phase (was LF: G3KEV)
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:20:29 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Andy es Co
6 phase even better lower ripple.
A car alternator is 3 phase, could easily be 6
g3kev

Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2015 4:26 PM

What's wrong with that ?
Sounds an excellent idea for a QRO transmitter.   300Hz ripple - much easier to filter out.

My 137kHz Tx runs from rectified (single phase) mains - the isolation is provided in the ferrite output transformer and FET drive pot-core

A school we once went around with long leads and an AVO  identifying sockets to be found on all three of the phases.  That was so that, using extension leads, we could bring them all into the lab to get a three phase motor running.   Such interesting things could be done in schools in the 1970's

Andy G4JNT