Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Getting rid of Black Sheep

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Getting rid of Black Sheep
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 08:03:00 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
I prefer any information of interest to me to be stored on my computer and not some central storage outside my control.
The advantage of individual storage is that not all the eggs are in one basket in the event of a major crash, virus infections etc at central storage.
I prefer individuality and self control and not being dictated to by others. I have read recently where some organisations are encouraging individuals to use their computers as terminals and store all their personal information at a central location. In my opinion this is not the way to proceed. Think of the disadvantages, NO CONTACT AVAILABLE because of cable faults, crash at storage centre , maintainence, virus infection etc
With your own storage you have immediate access at all times without third party interference.
Some individuals would believe anything and follow like sheep.
g3kev
.