LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wellbrook Loop

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Re: RE: Re: Wellbrook Loop
From: Terry GW0EZY <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 14:13:21 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal

Sorry - couldn't resist the comment - especially as I expected you to remark
on poor loop performance compared to the large antenna examples you mention.
Of course, in practice amateurs have to do the best with the opportunities
they have and loops can provide amateurs living in a challenging QTH with
useful lf experience especially taking into account the low noise
properties.

I have relatives in Scarborough and we stay at Burniston. This summer, I had
a pleasant walk along the old railway to Scalby and had a quick look at your
QTH to understand why you are such a big signal here.

Yes there is plenty of room in Wales and I really have no excuse not to
erect a big antenna as, adjacent to our house, there are open fields
belonging to a friendly farmer. Up till now other radio interests have had
priority.

73 Terry