RE: LF: RE: Wellbrook Loop

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: RE: Wellbrook Loop
From: Chris Trask <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:31:48 -0500 (EST)
Sender: [email protected]

> >     You might want to add this to your list of suitable
> > alternatives:
> >
> > http://www.home.earthlink.net/~christrask/Paper009.html
>

>I didn't realise you were a member of this group. Thanks for
> the link - I have been studying your other paper on
> complementary push-pull amplifiers for active antennas but
> hadn't seen your loop paper.
>
> Very helpful.

     Clifton Labs used a portion of that paper in their latest active monopole
amplifier offering.  They added a bipolar emitter follower stage between the
JFET input and complementary output to further unload the JFET.  They also
reverted back to the original KAA 1000 JFET input with far less current.  It's
a nice fusion of topologies and the performance is every bit as good.

    I have quite a few loop antenna papers on my page as well as a large work
on shielded loop antennas in the files section of the Yahoo! loop antennas
group.

Chris