LF: Re: RE: Wellbrook Loop

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Wellbrook Loop
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 11:21:42 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Terry,

I am looking for a suitable circuit to use with the blown loops

this one might also be worth looking at.
http://www.activeloop.de/html/english.html

Unfortunately I made the silly mistake of using a transmitting antenna
too close to them

It would be very interesting to hear some more details,e.g.:
QRG of transmitter,TX power,TX-antenna type,
how close was the TX-antenna to the loop?
Was the loop amp on or off when it was fried?

You may guess why I'm so interested in your experience.-:)
We have a ALA 1530 mounted on top of a mast with 2m (50W)
and 70cm (35W) yagi antennas.
The HF dipole (1kW) is about 6m below.
So far the loop amp is still alive...

73