Re: LF: Re: PA3BCA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: PA3BCA
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 01:15:30 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Minto,

Am 13.08.2011 00:59, schrieb Minto Witteveen:

Hi Stefan,

Well luckily most stuff for 136 is cheap, but it requires some() work
You know what I think about deadlines :-) so I’m not promising a deadline for my PA, but it is definitely going to be finished (Variometer is probably the biggest challenge).

Have a nice holliday, see (Speclab) you in two weeks.

Thanks. But holidays does not mean for me i have to travel somewhere. It rather means i do not have to go to work. This IS holidays.

I take it your /p plans for tomorrow are off?

Depends on the WX but not sure if someone would join in at all. Have spend at least 30 hours this week for LF, only for building all the PA circuit parts. Think i need a break. But maybe tomorrow i think totally different ;-)

73, GN, Stefan

Regards,
Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse

Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 00:17

Hi Minto.

The signal must have been about 6 dB lower than yesterday. Still have to go back to the old system, unfortunately. Difficult to do good measurements here in the "shack" where all the stuff is floating either on mains voltage or on 137 kHz or a mixture of that. Have a battery supplied oscilloscope but anyway.

I didn't got more than that what you saw, no higher power was possible even when running the SMPS at 320 VDC. Unfortunately now i saw what the reason was/is: Some of the turns of the loading coil moved a bit and so i was outside the resonance. Since  the Q of the TX antenna is very high, the power goes down quickly when beeing outside the resonance. I haven't had the tuning-meter (U,I, phase) in line, and just tuned the shack-internal variometer for a maximum signal.
After the unwanted fault and replacing the FET i had to find other problems like a non conducting shunt resistor (current sensing). This wasn't visible. For some reason the current limiting didn't work then. A second loud BAAAAAAANG caused me to let it be for this week! Now two mains fuses here at QRL are OFF and i don't have the key to put them in again.
Anyway, i'm in holiday for the next 2 weeks and they will be back in when i am back and no one will remember that, hopefully, hi.

Actually all that stuff should be exchanges in a QSO :-) BTW how about YOUR PA? :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC

Now trying to bring the coil back to its previous L...