LF: Re: Faulty FKP-1

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Faulty FKP-1
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 00:24:04 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1313191484; bh=kdJtub5Z/gQhOE1byFmd3rz2iDXTp1Qefsb7qQhRFEA=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE; b=MgPDXs4Xyi30SPGVN7Oizly9sTV00Ni7zzcR47PqztmUDTHwJ9h6gnjbSbz0bnRAR4AyjOgKcLjTE9jnczYLvmuDfFjqpvQKvwNOy3k+t/8GixE8j5q/wpp371VcPdQBQzsyw3kqjnMVap2UhMXEWVHmIBvHl02uEIOCKfTxzTI=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MIMEOLE; b=cG3pgbLWp6ycp8Cf3A5ujv9h2ykairZBMIek13AZHWha3xnyb7JLZqe1RPObUP9y6GU/kT54h3Ns+xCfneqYQ1yXcVyURZ0BpV2X1Alozgt06nvXKrKwJHd+UxX42VWaXobh30Xhf+20RwFn+6vg8jVdJvh16O5eh+0phDgxy/o= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan, The voltage rating alone is not enough. The capacitors in the
Class E stages must be "pluse rated" They have to pass massive amounts of
current. I tried originally to use old valve caps but they are not rated for
that level of current and the connection of the individual foil plates to
the lead-out wires kept fusing and the capacitance went down and down. I
would have though the WIMA caps were intended for SMPSUs so should be
suitably rated.

Because it is in the antenna circuit is it possible it might have been
damaged by  a nearby lighning surge??

Alan G3NYK