LF: Re: PA3BCA

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: PA3BCA
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:04:40 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:importance:x-mailer :x-mimeole; bh=NBKmP28Hcefo3qWIO09TrKrdjBZ+Aou1BvbBJ3wvpq8=; b=a2hOuY0MI3xVJIneXfzsfrIU/rVIq14swEl2SHfJUMbv3VWZ6EiJabIAE+TirRV47C bfh9Afjj2K/wWmIqlinsIH5QFHJDM1zoNwXDjIChGdk3vTQWm+3x76VRxJ/aJ4ESCyeq uqJojLIvMAL7P82BgrdSpSvNcJjhGcUYCWUAE=
Sender: [email protected]

0.5 mH, nice!
According to my measurements I will need a 3.5 mH loading coil, your 0.5 is just a bit more than I need at 500 KHz…

73’s, Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse

Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 20:21
Subject: Re: LF: PA3BCA

My loading coil is 0.5 mH approx wound with 3mm litz wire, it has no cover just a glass lid on top. Air and rain circulates around it to keep it cool and weather changes has little effect ie sunshine or showers, even during stormy windy wx there is very little loading variations.
If you have a large loading coil and short antenna wires circumstances could be different.
g3kev