Re: LF: PA3BCA

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: PA3BCA
From: Minto Witteveen <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:42:27 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:in-reply-to:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:importance:x-mailer :x-mimeole; bh=W2fpU+uauzmU9TvBBFXBcye6qPmPqM9/DRF3mSPxl2c=; b=ShgXMtUwGSl6PfBekSJ1hhf+2AOG8uvQALIzEBDuLEX3MhG2DPdq0gGYmd0rbmfE7K FextnAR4CQ8PIETD+ozrii4L4VP1/BK80rUrlm0ZH3ER+5LOV23jbcYJ/gEsJ0A0Pcsd fKEh5Sza4vW45wjtZ1/8f/IDdpg0vCHa6A7G0=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

I will have the grabber run any time my rx is on, but I cannot guarantee that it is always available or that it is always displaying the ‘truth’  as I will be fiddling with Speclab the coming days (when I have the time)…

Your QSO yesterday with Mal was clearly visible. Your sig was quite a bit stronger though.. You are 360 km from my QTH, Mal  is 475. See attached screenshot.
Also notice the increased noise during the last 10 minutes of this grab: My son took a bath and had to switch on the fluorescent lights in the bathroom!!
J (My explicit orders that usage of the upper bathroom are forbidden when I am home are completely ignored by this 17 year old hihi).

This afternoon I replaced the miniwhip by a (single turn) magnetic loop at the same location in my backyard (see the 500 KHz section of my website). First measurements indicate that the DCF39/noise ratio is not much different, _maybe_ a little better but we shall see.
The noise from the fluorescent light however is now no longer visible on the screen, so that’s an improvement!.

How much power were you generating?

73’s, Minto pa3bca

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse