Re: LF: OT End of the BBC World Service on Shortwave

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OT End of the BBC World Service on Shortwave
From: "Jurgen Bartels" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:53:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Mal,

> I have also been told if you go to Church in Germany you must PAY and have
> no option, the money is deducted from your pay. In the UK its a free

No, that's not quite correct

It is deducted when you belong (sort of being a member) to a church, no matter
if you attend a servive or not.
But you can "unsubscribe" from it and pay nothing, I did it more than 30 years
ago.
With a TV license fee it is not *that* easy, even if I only watch foreign
channels

--
Back to BBC-WS
Ask yourself: who listens to its MW signal nowadays. I don't know *anybody*

Times have changed, Germany (as any W-EU country) has many TV channels, radio
(news) channels, so that noone looks elsewhere. Via sat you can get  BBC-WS& TV
as well. Wonder how many use them? With internet you spend so much time that
only little time is left for radio & TV.

So why should BBC heat the ionosphere? I suffer already Lux-Effect all
over LW & MW  from other high-power tx
Think green, turn it off.
The anoraks will survive it. :-)
And should there ever be an unrest, you turn it on again, or hire a tx nearby.
There are plenty around now. But should that occur people can't listen with
their iphone to MW :-)

Jurgen Bartels  Suellwarden, N. Germany
hor. Antennas: 11-ele 45-87MHz 13-ele Band-III, 48-ele UHF, FM: 15.11
MW: staggered 300m Beverage 320°,  30 x 4m EWE 320°, Winradio & Perseus
http://dx.3sdesign.de/tv_offset_list.htm
http://dx.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm

http://fewo.3sdesign.de  - Vacation home: DX right at the Northsea coast