Re: LF: WSPR window

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR window
From: Paul-Henrik <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 01:07:56 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Jay, LF

As a receive-only participant in this field (I have no possibility to apply for
a permit) I can only guess why some EU stations have chosen to move down along
with the US stations:

One reason may be the recent appearance of a wide band data transmission test
occupying 498-502kHz with a carpet of "white noise". This means the first kHz
of the 501-504kHz band has become less attractive for normal CW EU-EU contacts
and is basically "idle".

Another reason may well be that since the US move down to 501.1kHz there are few
dedicated US station left in receive-only mode on 503.9kHz that could pick up
the EU signals. The everyone-wants-to-be-where-the-party-is syndrome.

WSPR is a "party-line" mode by default, you have to receive where you transmit.
This limitation can be overcome by running two WSPR setups and having the
receiver on a different frequency, or better still, receiving on two
frequencies as I do at the moment.

Perhaps a future WSPR version will have an option of arranging split frequency
operation where the user can specify separate transmit and receive windows?

BR

Paul-Henrik, OH1LSQ

Quoting [email protected]: