Re: LF: WSPR window

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR window
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 23:28:46 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 23:17:58 +0000
Andy Talbot <[email protected]> wrote:

> Most transceivers can be operated in split mode now, isn't this a
> workable solution ?
> And anyone with separate Tx / Rx setups has got split frequency
> operation by default

Andy, LF,

Yes, I can (and have done) operate in Split mode - as I have separate RX
and TX - but my point is that we should all be in the same place - I
believe the concerns over "strong locals will drown the weak DX" is
fallacious.

As long as the string locals aren't transmitting 100% duty cycle there
is room for all on a single 200Hz frequency span. You only have to
compare the density of active stations of 500kHz with those on 30m to
see.

John

GM4SLV