Re: LF: WSPR window

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR window
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 20:25:38 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

John, Group

Good discussion.

While you might currently get some spots from the US stations in receive mode this number will go down as more US stations become active as the season progresses. More WSPR time slots will be clobbered by more locals - there's no way around that. Many US stations run 'large' antennas and appreciable power compounding the problem. Local (out to a few hundred miles) groundwave signals can be well over S9 here and completely lock up WSPR.

Don't believe there is a direct comparison between 40/30/20m operation and LF / MF. Most of the stations using WSPR on 40/30/20m, with little to no groundwave, may never even audibly hear another WSPR station let alone have to contend with S9 plus mega signals.

There's no reason that US stations can't listen on 502.4 while transmitting on 499.6. This would be the best of both worlds as far as logging T/A information. Alternatively, E > W could occupy a designated time slot and W>E a different designated time slot to alleviate the interference problem.

It just seems that some sort of a coherent plan would yield better results than an ocassional 'luck of the draw' spot because a number of stations happened *not* to be transmitting.

Jay

----- Original Message ----- From: "John P-G" <[email protected]>