Fwd: Re: LF: RE: LW broadcast into Ontario

To: [email protected]
Subject: Fwd: Re: LF: RE: LW broadcast into Ontario
From: "Jean-L. RAULT" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 07:22:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Well, just after WW II, no commercial broadcast stations were allowed in
France.
The only way for a french private BC station to be on the air was to
transmit from another country.
That's the reason why Europe 1 was installed in the Saar county, which
belongs nowadays to Germany but was managed just after the WW II by the
W/F/G Allied Forces.
For a similar  reason, there is another french BC station tranmitting
from Luxemburg (running 2000 kW on 234 kHz).
The only LW transmitter authorized to work from France is France-Inter
(running 2000 kW during daylight and 1000 kW during night on 162 kHz).

73

JL F6AGR