Re: LF: UK Dreamer's Band first transmission (8.760kHz)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UK Dreamer's Band first transmission (8.760kHz)
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 23:59:32 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roger,

Thanks for the flowers.
Your list sounds good/interesting/promising, useful steps! If you need any help or have questions, just ask.

BTW, a really "useful result" is/was (for me personally) beeing visible by an other RX station. And i think that you will be successful, faster than you think! Getting an ultra stable RX is not the problem, getting an ultra stable TX just a litte more effort. It will be essential in all the tests outside the far field. The great advantage is that your system is not /p, so it doesn't (almost) matter if you have to choose QRSS-3 or QRSS-3000, since you have the time :-)

Maybe you want to check how a vertical antenna acts, driven with a LOPT transformer (without the HV cascade on the output of course). This will work at QRP levels and you don't need to resonate this antenna (although this would be an advantage). If you can use a 10m high vertical, i assume this will give the highest ERP(as long as the vertical isn't hidden in a tree ;-) ), maybe the 100m earth antenna as an alternative :-)
I become interested to try this (once more) since my grabber was improved since the last test and the QRN is reasonably lower. I can start with this tomorrow. My distance (now, at home) to the grabber is just 1 km. :-)

Tell me if you need a test signal to check your RX performance :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC