Re: LF: UK Dreamer's Band first transmission (8.760kHz)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UK Dreamer's Band first transmission (8.760kHz)
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:54:36 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roger,

Wish you good luck and fun with the experiments!

Who is the next possibe RX station and what is the distance? What is his RX situation?

Maybe you can monitor your own generated TX signal on a high accuracy soundcard based VLF RX to get some informations about its stability. This would help you to find the slowest useful QRSS mode for this setup/VFO.

Will you do some /p TX experiments? I mean, generating 4W (or 20 W) is not a problem with a small lead acid battery and you could arrange a secret earth antenna in the forest, some km away and some 100m long :-)

Do you plan to arrange a fixed VLF RX antenna to monitor the other NoV holders? Maybe a first QSO in UK like between DF6NM and DJ2LF?

Interesting stuff!

73, Stefan/DK7FC