Re: LF: Probably not a new question...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Probably not a new question...
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:15:03 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=KS88sVJvuHSp/uZqAXavpZ9TjI5A1Ugx54OF6K7M3sU=; b=as+7RVO/XEdRHQ2vannGXU8oYMNh9PE6Y9Mzy1uPHHzI9gC+2BDd33a37hKRLvIl2j pCM65y11gAIot6IrzVvH+kHvaeExWk7iPL8LmROFkvHHLNw8jIbQWkxTypEfETnyk9vM Rxtrdn21/66V6ZphqntqwrCJoBMiBDYrs1my4=
Sender: [email protected]
I find the SDR-IQ a superb little box, and is better than any comms reciver I've used over the years.   And that applies especially to several professional, including early generation digital, receivers.  Some of which are really horrible and non-user friendly.  That may be becasue they're designed for the intercept / comin operator, but not nice

 The I/Q  receives, and is flat, down to 500Hz (yes, not a typo, really do mean  0.0005MHz), has a calibrated screen for absolute power measurement, two audio channels demod simultaneously (one in each ear !)  continuously variable filters, a nice GUI,  up to 190kHz spectrum visible at any time, with a waterfall FFT resolution down to a fraction of a Hz if wanted, continuum mode for wideband noise measurement, CW SSB, AM, FM demodulation and other things that don't come to mind at the moment.

I use it more as a piece of test equiment rather than a Rx, but it does the latter excellently.   Vastly prefer it to the RA1792 I got rid of because it wasn't as good as the SDR-IQ.  it has a serial output and can control a subset of external receivers / converters.  One project on the list is a direct upconverter with a DDS derived LO that is controlled by point-and-click on the SDR I/Q for transceive operation.