Re: LF: Probably not a new question...

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Probably not a new question...
From: "Daniele Tincani" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:59:40 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Wolf, Marco, LF,
Marco below cited some "classic" receivers (Racal 1792, Eddystone 1650, Rohde&Schwarz EK081...and I imagine some Watkins-Johnson's could join the group) and Perseus. Despite of the fact that all of these are some dB's higher than my budget, I'm interested in your opinion about how best SDR's compare with "classics"...Probably I'm wrong, but I believed that top-rated radio's like Racal, Eddystone, R&S, W-J, etc. distinghished over the others because of their superior construction, even from a mechanical point of view (no wide-band circuits, lots of metal screens, etc.). How is this level of quality achieved in modern SDR's?
Cheers
D.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wolfgang Büscher" <[email protected]>