Re: AW: LF: "Gain" between qrss3 and qrss10?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: LF: "Gain" between qrss3 and qrss10?
From: "Johan H. Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:46:25 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan,

yes, I meant the BW of each Argo pixel. Unless there is QRM strong
enough to cause overload, or intermodulation in badly designed audio
circuits, there is no need to use a narrow filter in the radio. Argo
works equally well with a 2..3kHz wide SSB setting on the radio. For
example, if Argo is set to QRSS3, the resolution bandwidth (actually the
effective receiver BW) is about 0.3Hz (!), no matter which filter you
have selected in the radio. Argo in QRSS3 mode can be thought of as 256
parallel CW receivers operating simultaneously, each receiver having a
0.3Hz CW filter and the tuning difference is 0.3Hz btween adjacent
receivers :-)

73
Johan SM6LKM