LF: RE: Re: 518khz - Notch Filter.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Re: 518khz - Notch Filter.
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:16:52 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
LF,

Thanks for all the replies, comments & suggestions.

I thought I could do the filtering within the SpecLab software but all my
attempts have had no effect at all, I am not really aware how to manipulate
the filter controls to do this, if anyone can help with that it could be the
answer. I will post a query to the SpecLab group.

Jim, that is correct regarding the LO=512KHz & I do have a couple of
alternatives but unsure until I check if they will resolve the problem.

Rik, I guessed that the Q of the circuit needs to be improved but unsure how
to go about it in that sort of arrangement, I will look at your ideas.

Andy, I will look at the link you provided soon.

Alan, thanks for the link & your comments.

Graham, the 518KHz signal is so strong at times I think attenuator would be
so large it would degrade the rest of the band, thanks for your comment.

73

Gary - G4WGT.