LF: Field strength calcs.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Field strength calcs.
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 17:26:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Shortly before the 73 KHz band was withdrawn I managed to get some
measurements made but the resulting calcs based on PA0SE in the LF book and
Terman  are giving very pecuiar results for radiated power.

When making the signal strength measurements using a loop antenna should
this be resonated or aperiodic?

I made measurements under both conditions but the results are puzzling -
even allowing for my peripatetic decimal point!  Anyway I'll be doing it all
again on 136 some of these days, but at the moment there are other things
more pressing.

If anyone is still interested I hope to have a final report on " the Mystery
of the Missing Amps" shortly.

73,

Ian