LF: seeking know-how

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: seeking know-how
From: "captbrian" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:49:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
List

Feeling 136 would be fun I am seeking more enlightenment re: improving
antenna efficiency so saw ref. to this list and subscribed.

Also puzzled about selectivity in a band only 2 and a bit Khz wide.

I have an old B40 LF RX all perked up but  no 136 sigs heard yet .
Although it produced SAQ last week at 17.2 Khz and I have a big carrier at
138.8 with bursts of data-dribble ok. Is there a recognised 136 activity
time ? Is there a 136 net on 80 mtrs. did I hear. When and what freq.?

I imagine CW sigs from anywhere in the band  will be heard at once from near
zero beat up to 2000 Hz.??

Am I missing something here?  (I spend a lot of time in W land so not up to
date in LF activity in Europe )

Is there a recognised 136 activity time ?

Bryan

-----Original