Re: LF: Field strength calcs.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Field strength calcs.
From: "Ian Kyle" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:36:37 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thanks Dick,

that is what I took out of our previous exchange on FS, but I am rather shaken  to find that according to the signal strengths received on a calibrated Datong/TS850 setup from a1t. 1m.sq aperiodic loop at 2.2 and 3.3 kms range, the actual radiated power on 73 KHz is only between 2 and 3 milliwatts! (Without using the Datong - effectively as a preamp - the signal strength simply could not be measured)

This does not seem to equate with the distances on QSOs where I was actually audible.

Regrettably no more tests can be made on 73 but when I get back from holiday in Normandy at the beginning of August the whole business can be re-addressed on 136.
That is assuming that keeping numbers 2 nd 4 grandsons entertained during said 'holiday' leaves me in any fit state to do anything!

73 de,

Ian MI0AYZ/GI8AYZ