Re: LF: Loop vs Marconi

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loop vs Marconi
From: "Jay Rusgrove" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:33:02 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Steve

The loop is actually fairly omnidirectional - just not at 0 degrees
elevation. As you move up from 0 degrees elevation the pattern starts to
"fill in" nicely in the direction of the "nulls".

Not sure, but I think you can prove this with a small receive loop while
nulling out a local broadcast station. Tilt the loop even slightly off
vertical and away goes your null in a hurry.

While I realize that low angle radiation is no doubt desirable, does
anyone know the optimum radiation angle to best "couple" into skywave
propagation for a given transmitter to receiver distance? I may have
missed this info in the literature.

Jay Rusgrove, W1VD

Steve Thompson wrote:

Anyone found a way to make a loop omnidirectional?

Steve