Re: LF: Loop vs Marconi

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loop vs Marconi
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:06:01 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
As you may remember (but it seems some don't) I have detailed information on my transmit loop on my website and a comparison with the performance of a vertical on the same site. In my case the loop clearly outperformed the vertical by a significant margin. It really is a matter of site characteristics, and it is certainly wrong to dismiss loops out of hand. We are amateurs after all, and experimentation is what we should be doing.

My vertical has now been converted back to a Top Band vertical - I was very pleased to work Reino OH1UFO the other night using 5W QRP!

73s Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.dsergeant.btinternet.co.uk