LF: Re: Re: Re: This and that

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: This and that
From: "Steve Olney" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:21:29 +1100
Sender: <[email protected]>
G'day Dave,

Whatever your view such comments do not help one iota.  Steve GW4ALG made
some valid points and a less hostile response from someone who earlier in
the week was recommending a code of practice would have been appropriate.

Oh dear me, hostile ? That was meant to be a bit of Aussie humour.   Oh
well, that's not the first time I have upset some sensitive dispositions
with my clumsy attempts at humour.   I apologise if you are one.

We all know you are not a cw operator and clearly feel strongly about
that.

What I clearly feel strongly about is not against CW (I can easily see why
it has appeal), it is the fact that it is used to batter others over the
heads for there lack of skill in this narrow arena and treat them as the
great unwashed.   If you have missed this, then you haven't been reading
your emails to this group from G3-land.

However cw is very far from dead in amateur radio terms as a quick listen
on
the hf bands during any dxpedition or contest will show - it is actually
increasing.

I sincerely hope so, it is obviously providing a great deal of fun for those
who use it.   If you read carefully my posts you will see I have emphasised
the positive fun aspects of CW.

Please stop the mud slinging.

Are you serious ???   I will cut a deal with you.   I won't throw a thimble
full of mud if you expend some of that righteous indignation to prevent the
buckets of mud being thrown from that neck of the woods.    A case of
looking in your own backyard :-)   That's a smiley (in email etiquette it
indicates a friendly joke).

A serious question now.    What is the latest 136kHz bandplan ?    The one I
have here that I downloaded from somewhere must be wrong as it shows that
normal CW has been allocated 1.1kHz out of the tiny 2.1kHz total, while QRSS
has been allocated 200Hz.    Could you point me in the direction of the
correct info.    Thanks.

Anyway, you are completely right in one aspect.   I am not qualified to
comment about your quabbles over there.   I do not possess CW skills,  I
don't have a LF station within 700km of me,  I am not interested in
contests, DX expeditions, countries worked, QSL card count, yada yada yada.
I am just interested in increasing my technical skill level as I get older,
greyer and balder.   I had thought that was the reason we have our
privileges.   So I "dips me lid" and crawls back under my rock to the
experimental cave :-)   There's that smiley again.

73s Steve Olney (VK2ZTO/AXSO - QF56IK : Lat -33 34 07, Long +150 44 40)
HomePage URLs:
http://www.qsl.net/vk2zto
http://www.zeta.org.au/~ollaneg

Containing:-