LF: Re: Re: This and that

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: This and that
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:56:07 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Steve Olney wrote:
C'mon Steve, lighten up.   If your local world is giving you a hard time
there is no need to clobber all and sundry.   Better still, migrate to
Australia as MAL suggested some time back.    We have about one-fifth the
population and probably 10 times the space.   I guarantee I can find you an
outback property that definitely will not have a LF station within 1000km
and most likely no inhabitants except goannas, snakes, emus and kangaroos
within that radius as well.

Whatever your view such comments do not help one iota.  Steve GW4ALG made
some valid points and a less hostile response from someone who earlier in
the week was recommending a code of practice would have been appropriate.
We all know you are not a cw operator and clearly feel strongly about that.
However cw is very far from dead in amateur radio terms as a quick listen on
the hf bands during any dxpedition or contest will show - it is actually
increasing.  Have a listen on top band tonight, I expect CQWW 160 cw is just
as busy with you as it is here. Please stop the mud slinging.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant