LF: Re: This and that

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: This and that
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:12:03 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Steve Rawlings wrote:

Hi Alberto - Greetings from Chepstow!

Hi Steve,
               greetings to you from Casirate, a small village
in Northern Italy.

[snip]
So, there you have it.  I am still puzzled: If QRSS only needs a
1 Hz bandwidth, why do the 20 or so QRSS operators need a 2.1 kHz
segment from 135.7 to 137.8 kHz?
[snip]

I will left to others to answer to this question. I am just (so far) an SWL
on this band, so I am not entitled to judgements on the correctness of
band allocation

[snip]
       (Of course, with the erosion
of the guard band 135.8 - 136.0, those with only average CW
filters have found that much of the lower part of the CW segment
has been effectively sterilised by the high power stations on
135.95.)
[snip]

Here you seem, referring to average CW filters,  to agree with my statement
that mainly the fault lies in the receiver.  With an ideal receiver (which of
course
doesn't exist), there would be no problems, provided that the sub-bands were
adhered to.  We need a project for an RX specifically designed for this band,
with at least 110 dB of SFDR (or more...). This would endeth many of
the arguments.

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG

73   Alberto   I2PHD